At Expand a Sign, we like to think of ourselves as a bunch of superheroes. By day, we’re a group of creative and driven individuals, with a passion and killer instinct to bring awesome brands to life but by night, we’re a group of eco warriors, pioneering recycling within the portable branding industry.
Now to go as far as calling ourselves superheroes, may be a touch over-exaggerated but that’s just the mindset over here and why not?. We give everything to the cause and we sure as hell don’t do average. What we can promise you, is that we’re a brand that is constantly looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint and will continue to be a brand that keeps our environmental impact at the forefront of every decision.
Our premium portable branding solutions are trusted by local and international brands for their unequalled, uncompromised longevity, quality and innovation but that’s not the only reason.
- We recycle all our excess waste fabric through our Uzwelo Bags initiative. To date, we have saved over 15 tons of fabric from ending in a landfill. Plus through the sale of these bags, we’ve raised over R250 000 for conservation.
- All our dye-sublimation inks are water-based and non-toxic.
- At our weaving plant, we have undertaken a massive water recycling project.
- We recycle all our paper.
- We recycle as much of our plastic and in-turn use this for some of our plastic components of our products.
- All our company vehicles are washed using rain water captured in our JoJo tanks.
- All our R&D samples are made using waste fabric.
- Our internal production system is completely paperless.
And possibly our biggest sustainable achievement… We have now just weaved our very own recycled fabric which will be available on selected products. This fabric is just another step closer to our ultimate goal of becoming a fully green and eco-friendly production.